Monday, May 11, 2009

I is smrt.

So we're here to learn, right? Here are a couple lessons learned throughout the last week. As with everything else, take it or leave it.

-Training for marathons is hard. Yes. Chelsea Chamberlain is going to attempt to complete the half marathon in Bryce Canyon this July. Am I a runner? No. Am I athletic at all? No. Do I enjoy working out? No. Do I love sweating? No. Ah, the sweet ironies of my life. I figured that if I signed myself up for said event, this would possibly be enough motivation to whip my butt into shape (preferably a shape other than round). So I've gotten to the point where I can run 2 miles without stopping... on a treadmill. Damn those things. They trick you into thinking running is that easy outside as well. Yeah, not so much. I get outside ready to bust out my 2 miles, but to my great agitation and dismay, I'm huffing and puffing and want to throw myself into the Jordan River at .5 miles into my run. Lord bless my soul with the strength to run 13 miles. *Whimper*-I have 7 more classes til I'm finished with my bachelors degree forever... Unless... I decide to double major in Psychology. Kill me. Seriously.

-Joe's Crab Shack has good burgers. Yes, I ordered a burger in a strictly seafood atmosphere. Don't judge me. I wanted to take my boy on a date. He likes seafood. Heir go, we went to a seafood restaurant - because I'm thoughtful like that. (So thoughtful, that beforehand, I looked at the menu online to be sure that they had chicken fingers, or burgers, or something that couldn't swim in its former life.) Don't get me wrong, there is some seafood I'll eat. I can handle fish. It's just the other stuff that weirds me out. I used to be a fan of shrimp until my parents told me when I was younger that the vein in the middle of the shrimp is poop. Gag. Shrimp has never tasted the same to me. People always try to pull the, "But this shrimp is 'de-veined'!" thing on me - yeah, I don't care... Shrimp is disgusting. So if you ever find yourself in Joe's Crab Shack and hating seafood, get the burger. Es muy bueno. (Plus the waiters dance at random intervals during the night - thus increasing the entertainment factor.)

-Star Trek was actually good. I've never been what one might call a "Trekkie". So not having seen many episodes of the show, I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy the show. But I totally did. I'm usually strictly a romantic comedy genre type of girl, and if I venture out of that realm, it's because I know there will be a love story in the movie. And while this movie wasn't high in romanticism, I still very much enjoyed it. Plus, Captain Kirk is very extremely attractive. Go see him... er... the movie.



-Fiber One granola bars give me ungodly flatulence. Never in my life have I tooted so much in one day. Unbelievable. Not only that, but the ratio of stinky to odorless fluffs was quite heinous. Unless you have some mentally strange desire to have gas all day long, just say no to Fiber One bars.

-Sacrament meeting needs a flashing light, a timer, a buzzer, a frigging parade - anything - to inform the speaker that their time is up. I had the opportunity to speak in church yesterday for Mother's Day. What better way to pay a tribute to mothers, especially mine - right? So my talk was fine, I feel like I did a good job. I just did a good job, for far too long. At one point I looked at the clock, and rather than looking at the long hand like a normal, educated person would do, I looked at the small hand. (In my defense, there was a glare on the clock.) So I think I still have all the time in the world. So on and on I ramble about mothers. Only to sit down and realize that they cut the girl that was supposed to speak after me out of the program because I went ten minutes longer than I should have. Oops. Needless to say I felt all sorts of ridiculous. At least I was the 3rd of 4 speakers and 3 primary songs. Had I been first, my friends joke that I might've just hosed the entire rest of the program. Apparently I'm long winded - with or without fiber bars.

-I am obsessed with the following song. Ob.sessed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v3d6SFcDys

(I would've embedded the video on here... But it looked retarded on my blog. So be efficient and go there yourself.)

I am absolutely captivated by musicians that get so into their music. I love seeing that sort of passion. It's incredibly inspirational, and makes me wish that I had stuck with piano. Though I count myself lucky to be able to enjoy the musical talents of others.

-Buffing calluses = love. Shawn and I gave each other pedicures minus the paint. And nothing says 'I love you' more than scraping dead skin off the bottom of someone's foot. Normally I'm not a fan of people touching my feet. The select few that I do allow access are Shawn and the Asians. So if you don't fall into either category, don't even try. As much as I'm sure all three of you reading this are now craving to touch my feet... Cut your losses and move on people.

That's all I've got for now. Who needs school when you've got life... Right?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Chels. I know you can make the run! Time to start running outside, though. Come run with me on the parkway and we'll cruise for illegal activty. I'm glad you're updating more often. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jonathan laughed out loud for a good 30 seconds at the comic. haha. I laughed out loud at the comment about "the asians."

    I'm glad you and Shawn love each other and that you let him touch your feet. I'm glad you talk about farts on your blog. Keep up the posting, please. :)

    ReplyDelete