Monday, August 24, 2009

A Prosaic Mind

Note: This post is marginally boring. I won't be offended if you don't read. I promise. However, if you do read and don't comment - that's a different story.

So I'm becoming increasingly aware at just how awful my memory is. So my blogging may become a bit more frequent - as this is currently the only means of logging my life. I'd sort of like to remember stuff, trivial or unimportant as it may be.

-Turns out I survived Shawn being gone for t minus 3 days. Turns out he almost didn't survive being gone. Apparently him and Darin fell down a mountain followed by huge boulders - and somehow miraculously stopped before they hit a cliff. Boys can be such idiots sometimes. I know that I'm a pansy and all - but I highly doubt the likelihood that I would ever even put myself at risk for falling off a mountain. But like I said, I'm a huge pansy - so uh, maybe I'm the one with the problem? Anyways - needless to say that as thrilled as I was to hear that they about plummeted to their death off a mountain, I was even more thrilled for them to come home alive. :)

-1 bad parking job + 1 cement pillar + bad depth perception = $500+ paint job to fix measly scratches = ri.di.cu.lous. Cars are great. Mine currently shakes when I press on my brakes occasionally. All I have to say is whatever is wrong with it so better be under warranty still.

-Um. My fruit snacks got stuck in the vending machine again. My hip check tactic so did not work this time. Luckily for me, a very, very large man walked in as I was kicking the machine and grabbed the top of the huge machine and completely tipped it over. I was halfway surprised that everything didn't fall out of the machine at once. After the large man shook the machine a couple times - VOILA - I had breakfast #2 of the day.

-I missed the temple dedication on Sunday. I was up early, ready to go. Only to quickly find out that my recommend/ticket wasn't with the rest of my family's. It had been there the night before. But not when I need it, naturally. Needless to say I was tearing the house apart trying to find it. Emptying the contents of my purse out all over the living room, chucking things across rooms, lifting up rugs & cushions. Nothing. I almost considered using my sister's to get in - but then figured that was a bit much. Lying to get into a temple dedication - good idea Chelsea. I did, however, get to spend virtually the entire day with Shawn though, which I can't complain about. :) So I was a bit bummed about missing it, but I got to see the Draper Temple dedication, so all is well.

-Remember how Shawn went on a fishing trip last weekend - well naturally, he brought home a butt load of fish. So in my day spent with Shawn just guess what we did...

Ummm.... Yeah. We "de-boned" the fish. And by "we" I mean Shawn and his siblings. I did a full one fish - I was more than okay to just watch. Those things are slimy & gross. I still have yet to catch a fish of my own. Though, after hearing/seeing what has to be done to them afterwards - I'm not sure I care half as much anymore. I will still catch one before I die. Whether or not I actually keep it, is a totally separate story.

-A couple from Shawn's mission came to town because the woman's mother is getting open heart surgery (yikes!). Shawn had the privilege of helping give her a priesthood blessing on Sunday night, and I was invited to come along. (Apparently I needed to get a stamp of approval.) First of all, the lady, Anita, was the sweetest lady ever. She was so willing to accept whatever the Lord had in store for her - kind of a sad reality to have to face, but inspiring as well. Anyways, so she gets her blessing and we're all shooting the breeze for a while and the Cowperthwaites (couple from California) offered to take everyone out to dinner. We were in the Little America hotel, and they asked where some nearby restaurants were, and I told them there was some in the lobby - but they were fairly pricey. Apparently that was no problemo, as they took us to the Little America Steakhouse, where you pay a pretty penny for even just a "wedge of lettuce". That's right, at the Little America Steakhouse you can get a wedge of lettuce for $8. WTF? Sheesh. It was good food - and it was extremely nice of the couple to take care of the bill. They were fun to be around - I enjoyed their company. Our waitress wasn't all that impressive though - but I guess when you're getting tips off $200 meals, it hardly matters whether or not you have a personality.-We watched Haunting in Connecticut. Freaky show - but not too shabby. It was apparently "based on a true story". I wonder how far the story was actually stretched. *Shudder*

-Started school today. School sort of makes me want to set myself on fire. Especially when school is at 7:30am. Oh well. I hear education is a good thing. We'll see, eh?

-I can't remember if I told ya'll - but I totally started laser hair removal treatments. How awesome am I? Each treatment takes like 2 seconds. Crazy fast. It hurt a bit more than I was expecting - but not a whole lot more than tweezing. So we'll see how THAT turns out. If I like the result - you better believe I will never get a bikini wax ever again.

-As of August 15, I've officially worked at my job for 1 full year. Go me! (And in t minus a month and some days, I can enroll for INSURANCE. Hip hip hooray for open enrollment!)

That's about all I've got for now - PEACE.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm the first comment. It seems as if your prefaced caveat of boringness was justified.
    So this lady gets a priesthood blessing on a Sunday night and then takes you out to dinner.....on a Sunday? That's mildly funny. But, I guess if people wanted to fork out that much money on me, I'd be all for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you survived life without your boy. I did too. Were those not THE LONGEST days of your life? Sheesh! Never want to do that again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much is the laser hair removal stuff, if you don't mind me asking?

    also, kudos for having your job so long. sometimes i wonder how people work at jobs for like 25 years. i've never worked at one for more than about 2 and i'm always dying by the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. read and commented.

    i think i will always refuse to let jonathan go on a boys trip. he WILL be the one hurtling down the hill toward the cliff.

    good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chels. Congrats on one year on the job and school and all that. Be careful - you might just be an adult! Noooooo!

    ReplyDelete