Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Monday 7

Traditions are fun, right? I decided that my blog needs some of those. Not only does it need some quirky traditions, it needs a little bit of sunshine. I'm aware that a majority of my posts are dripping with sarcasm, so I am officially dubbing Monday, "Happy Monday". Every Monday I'm going to come up with 7 happy things to say - from what I'm grateful for, to YouTube videos that crack me up. Just think unicorns, puppy dogs, and kittens. You'll be pooping rainbows for days folks. (Okay, so maybe not being sarcastic will be a bit of a challenge, but it will be happy sarcasm - because of course there's such a thing.) Lets give this a whirl eh? We'll start out with the basics this week, and I'll grace you with the 7 (of the many) reasons I have to be happy (in no particular order).

1. I have a family who is genuinely concerned for my well-being and loves me exactly for who I am. I'm positive that God knew exactly what He was doing when he sent me to my family. I'm not saying that we're the perfect family, but I wouldn't trade them for any other family in the world.

2. I have a car to drive to and from work. It's my "escape pod" as my parents commonly refer to it as. I don't like being trapped places with no way out. Additionally, I don't enjoy relying on other people to get where I want to go. Thus, my car (and its 5-year warranty, might I add) is a perfect reason for me to be happy.

3. The gospel, and everything it encompasses. My Savior, my God, my church, my testimony, my patriarchal blessing, the scriptures, the temple - all things which bring me insurmountable amounts of happiness. My Lord and Savior is easily one of my very best friends. He has never, nor ever will, turn His back on me - the comfort that this gives me is indescribable.

4. Modern bathroom accouterments and facilities. I can't imagine being happy doing my business any other way. Enough said.

5.
The internet. God bless the internet. Even for as much complete and total crap it contains, it's hard to imagine life without it. Homework. Stalking. Directions. Music. Time wasting. TV episodes. Shopping. Guys, seriously. The internet rocks.

6. My job. Sure sometimes it gets a little slow and boring, (Hi Shauna!) resulting in a ton of down time. But if and when I do get down time, I can work on homework that I would otherwise be up til the butt crack of dawn doing later that night. As hard as having a full time job while trying to go to school full time can be, I'm happy that I can say I have a job - more specifically, this job. A job that yes, can be extremely boring, irritating, or down right frustrating at times; but it's a job that I actually like and am incredibly grateful for.

7. Last but not least, my friends. While casual friends make me happy, it's the friends that know me inside and out that make me the most happy. The friends that let me be an idiot. The friends who are sad when I'm sad. The friends who want to cut anyone who hurts me. The friends who will laugh at my feeble attempts at humor. Those are the friends that I love best, they know who they are. :)



The End!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. It's great to recognize the good things in life.. makes the "hard" times more bearable :) And I agree with you on every one of the things you're grateful for.. they're each a blessing for me too!

    ReplyDelete