Saturday, October 17, 2009

SDH

I'm annoyed right now.  I feel like I need to blog, and be sarcastic and caustic about something.  Blah.

-This month is open enrollment for health insurance.  I've been looking forward to it for almost a year, because I haven't had any insurance.  Not that it's a gigantic huge deal... But it's something I'd like to have, since I don't have it through my parents.  I need to go to the cooter doctor to make sure that I'm not dying of ovarian cancer - or something.  I need to go to the dentist so my teeth don't fall out.  So I go to this meeting all stoked to hear that I'll have 20 buck copays to go to the doctor and get some cheap birth control... No no.  They changed the plan.  Now it's some weird ass Health Savings Account plan where you pay 100% with a $3,000 deductible.  Great.  Before I get too negative, there are a few okay things about it.  My company is going to contribute 60 bucks a month into the HSA, preventative services (aka my PAP SMEAR) are free, and we get contracted rates.  But that's all.  Eff.  I hate getting older and having to pay for lame insurance.  At least I have insurance now, I guess.  I even went as far as to sign up for AFLAC accident and hospital intensive care coverage.  You know, just in case I get in some sick crazy accident and am totally maimed for life.  Good salesmen get me everytime.

-Speaking of insurance, my car insurance went up 5 dollars.  Life is hard.

-There's not a mouse in my walls anymore.  There are now mice in my ceilings and in my walls.  I cringe every time I hear one scratching the inside of my wall, or running across my ceiling.  Sick.  I miss our cat.

-I went and saw The Stepfather last night.  It was an okay movie - until the ending.  Horror movies without justice do not appeal to me, at all.  One of the chicks was constantly in a bikini.  So all the boys in the audience are constantly drooling over her throughout the entire movie - and all the girls would like nothing more than to punch her in the ovaries.  Though in all fairness, Penn Badgley was in there too... and he usually gets my saliva glands going.  Hunk a burnin' love right there.



-As much as I'm on Facebook, I have many pet peeves that stem from that website.  One of the biggest ones is people who use their status to constantly put happy, "motivational", rainbow and unicorn quotes on there.  Call me a grinch, but I find it highly annoying.  Perhaps the occasional, inspired quote is fine.  But for hell sake, do not change your status to some happy-go lucky piece of crap every two hours.  If I'm hormonal or pissy, the last thing I want to see is my Facebook page plastered in happy quotes.  So there.

-I tried winning Subway Scrabble.  Shawn and I got scary close to dumpster diving for unused codes. How pathetic does one's life have to be to consider dumpster diving for a thrill?  Alas, even with all my cheating, I didn't win.  Shawn bought four drinks once, solely for the codes.  Isn't he a gem?  There are people on Ebay who sell the "rare letters".  The amusing part is, is that some of them sell the letters for more money than the actual prize is worth.  Idiots crack me up... sometimes.

-Shawn and I got offered free Thriller tickets, but couldn't go because Shawn has class on Friday nights.  Who the hell goes to school on Friday night?  I love him, but man, he's killin me.  Instead I went to Smiths, in my pajamas, and purchased a pint of ice cream.  Then, went to the library, only to find out it was closed.  It was the epitome of sad.  Though the ice cream was well worth it.


-I'm not really sure what to dress up as for Halloween.  This might have pretty much everything to do with the fact that I don't have any plans whatsoever for Halloween.  Where there are a lack of friends, there are a lack of plans.  Shawn is absolutely hell bent on being a girl for Halloween.  And he doesn't just want to pull off the, "Oh look it's a dude dressing up as a chick.... Original." guy.  He wants to legitimately look like a woman.  He wants dudes to actually check him out.  He wants to shave his legs/pits and go tanning, for a more realistic effect.  Um... What?  I'm not exactly sure how worried I should be.

-It's occurring to me that I'm not sure there's any career I want to go into with the degree I'll have next year.  I still have absolutely no idea what I want to do with my life as far as education and a career goes.

-Writing always makes me feel better.  Whether it's a journal entry, a letter to someone, or lame ass blog post... It's therapeutic.  So if you read this, thanks for bearing with my pessimism.  I was feeling rather irritated and had to bitch about something.  I'll have a nice mood swing for you with our Happy Monday 7... Deal?




1 comment:

  1. No plans for Halloween? Are you kidding me? Get your sorry butt to grandmas for some chili. :)

    ReplyDelete