Monday, April 19, 2010

Ahem...

I wish I could be more clever than just bulleting out my thoughts - but I'm not, so whatever.


-Our apartment is coming together nicely.  Sure, the dominant colors in every single room are red, black, and white - but it looks gooood.  Shawn thinks he's going to hang a huge BYU flag in our room to counteract all the red in our house.  Shawn thinks wrong.

-Our downstairs neighbors jam all night long.  I now feel fully vindicated turning on my washer after 10pm.

-I finally made my first historic trip to Ikea.  That place is like freakin' Disneyland.  Shawn and I decided if we went there every day and walked through twice, it would equal a gym workout.  Sheesh.  We got some furniture from there though, so hopefully it won't crap out on us anytime soon.

-I'm taking a Theories of Human Development class at the U, and last week we talked about death and the grieving process.  My teacher talked a lot about how she lost her year old baby to ongoing heart problems when he was only 1.  Oh my gosh.  Ever since I've been ultra paranoid of Shawn getting in some freak accident and dying.  I'm not freaked out for my own death, it's the death of someone that I love.  Yesterday Shawn and I were listening to some Soft Sunday Souuuuunds, and some song came on about how this guy's kid was dying and he was praying to God and blah blah blah.  And I bawled.  Naturally Shawn was like, "Oh my gosh, you're crying, why on earth are you crying?"  So I go on to tell him that I don't want him to die, and I don't want my babies to die, and I have this all-encompassing fear of my family dying.  Poor Shawn.  So we change the station, to the other Sunday channel, and there was another song playing about a kid dying.  What the hell, radio?  To top it all off, I had a dream last night that I had a stillborn baby.  Paranoid much?  Oh, and did I mention it's sugar pill week?  That may explain the tears.  Don't play heart-wrenching songs about babies dying when I'm menstruating.  Just don't.

-We were supposed to get our wedding pictures back on Friday, but obviously didn't.  Sooo.. Stay tuned.

-We are going on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera in less than a month.  I could not be more thrilled.  However, I seem to now only own a plethora of bikinis - thanks to my lovely husband - and not many suits that I'd actually prance around in.  Awesome.  No one needs to be blinded by the light that is my white self - I need a scuba suit.

-I made my first real dinner for Shawn.  It wasn't extravagant by any means, and I didn't take a picture cause it wasn't all that pretty.  It was simply rice and sauce with chicken in it.  But ask my family, that's an accomplishment for the girl that never cooksAnd I made a chip dip that Shawn totally loves.  I feel like a successful wife already.

-Calling myself a wife makes me feel old and decrepit sometimes.  You know, the whole week and a half that I've been a wife.  Want to know what's weirder?  Sister/Mrs. Milne.  You must be mistaken, Mrs. Milne is my mother-in-law.

-In my efforts to fulfill my old and decrepit calling of "Wife," I may or may not have perused the Martha Stewart website and it may or may not have completely annihilated the homemaker portion of my ego.  Who has the time to make 95% of the stuff that she does?  If you ever want to feel crappy about your craft/cooking/art/decorating skills, pay Martha a visit.  She'll gladly oblige.  Almost as bad, are the numerous craft/cooking/budgeting/I'm better than you blog minions.  I'm actually not as jealous that they're perfect in all things crafty, as I am that their blog gets read more than mine does.  You mean to say that people like thrifty crafts more than the bitchings of a newlywed Mormon girl?  Too bad.  Some day I'll come up with a completely genius idea of a website/blog.  Someday.


Let's keep it short for today, eh?  Stay classy, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment