Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Post-Wedding Life

(This post won't have any pictures, because, well, I don't have them yet.)


-So we finally got married last Thursday, and boy was it the most perfect day ever!  The entire day was absolutely flawless (with the exception of our totally awesome choreographed dance music not playing loud enough).  The temple sealing was beautiful, and I surprised myself by not completely crying off my make up.  It was such a strange sensation to hear the sealer tell us we were sealed as husband and wife for time and all eternity.  And I say strange in the most perfect and best way possible.  

-The reception was amazing.  Everything turned out even better than I had imagined in my head.  We are so grateful to the people that showed up and congratulated us on our marriage.  I was floored at how many people kept showing up - I honestly thought that line would never die, and well, it never did until we forced it to.  Naturally I started to panic that there wouldn't be enough food.  But meh, I think it all turned out.  I only got a bite of the ice cream, and the bite I had was yummy - so I'm assuming that the rest of it was as well.  I loved how the ice cream bar turned out though.  It looked amazing!  My family hung all the lanterns and they looked perfect!  If you weren't there, it was awesome, and you missed out.  

-We stayed at Little America the night of our wedding... It was awesome!  They carved a cute little key with our names on it and the date of our wedding and had little chocolate covered strawberries that looked like tuxedos and a bottle of sparkling something or other. And for all those of you who I know are dying to know, I'm pleased to announce I've discovered my secret talent.  


-The day after we sped home to our apartment where all of our presents were.  Not even thinking twice about how I guess you're technically supposed to open them with your family.... Oops.  We walked in and it was like freakin Christmas in our apartment.  Tons of gifts everywhere!  So we opened all of them like little 5 year olds, squealing every time we got a new set of casserole dishes.  It was fun to place bets on how many measuring cups we thought we'd have by the end of everything.  I'm pretty sure we ended up with 5, don't even worry.  We only got 2 crock pots, which I was pretty impressed with after having heard of people getting nine for their wedding.  As far as appliances go, though.... you name the appliance, we probably have it.  I'm pretty sure my favorite ones are the belgian waffle maker, the ice cream maker, and the special 3-in-1 sandwich maker.  Awesome.  Trying to actually find room for all these things, is quite the task.  But we're managing.  I seriously can't get over how thoughtful everyone was in getting us gifts.  People who I wouldn't have ever expected to get us a gift (uh, Mrs. Slade?) surprised us with gifts... And vice versa.  I'm really appreciative of all the support.  I realize that times are kind of hard, so to come up with a gift or money isn't always easy.  But just know, we are grateful for everything!


-Anyways, so we spent that day putting all our crap away (during which Shawn notes that I have way too much crap... but he still loves me.  Phew.)  Then we trekked over to our honeymoon for the weekend.  I had absolutely no idea where we were going...   It ended up being that Swedish Resort in Midway, Zermott I believe it is called.  It. was. awesome.  The room was gigantic - had a kitchen, a jetted tub, a couch, two tvs, and a fireplace - and well, a huge awesome bed with 9,000 pillows on it.  The best part of it all was that it was a wedding gift from someone in Shawn's ward.  Hellooooo amazing!  Anyways, we had a blast walking around completely butt naked, because we could - drinking some sparkling apple cider that we brought, which later gave us both a nice episode of diarrhea because it was apparently too old (I know, how romantic?)  We had  the funniest bubble bath of my life - putting bubbles in a jetted tub is not exactly the brightest idea in the book kids.  The bubbles were growing at a rapid rate and inches away from totally spilling onto the bathroom floor.  Oopsie.  Hilarious.  Sorry about the graphic mental images, but they're totally funny, you gotta admit.  Anyways, it was the best honeymoon I've ever been on!  It was so much fun to just get to be wish Shawn constantly.  

-Monday we spent a crapload of money on groceries and things we needed for the apartment. Shopping with gift money is totally fun.  Now that I have all these freakin casserole dishes, I'm bound and determined to fill them with only delicious things.  This means I need to learn how to cook.  Oh dear.  The first meal I made for Shawn was a sandwich.  Oh yeah, a sandwich, because I'm that good.  In my defense, he said it was in the top 10 best sandwiches he's ever had.  I'll take it - I make a pretty damn good sandwich.  The next night he made me a frozen pizza!  We're far too good to each other.  Try not to be too jealous of our insane kitchen skills.  If you come over, we'll use our culinary genius and whip up a batch of chips and salsa or something.  Nothing but the best for our guests!

-Furthering our efforts to tempt people to be our friends and hang out with us, we got cable for our awesome flat screen tv.  Now you want to come over, right?  

-The only thing that I'm not a huge fan of in our apartment is the fact that you have to walk through our bedroom and our closet to get to the bathroom.  I guess it'll be good in the sense that I won't be able to leave heaps of clothes everywhere... or other fun party accessories.  

-Anyways, our apartment is still a mess, but it's getting really close to being semi-presentable.  I've loved spending every moment with Shawn.  It's been complete wedded bliss.  Except for my hormonal moment when he informed me that I didn't rinse of my cereal bowl.  That lasted all of 5 minutes, because he's just so gosh dang wonderful and cute that I can't stay mad at him.  Even though the rules of PMS say I'm totally allowed to. 

-So if you ask me, "How is married life?"  It's great.  It's wonderful.  It's amazing.  It's perfect in all it's imperfections.  I have to crack up every time one of Shawn's newlywed buddies has said, "Dude marriage rocks!"  Because you know what they actually mean to say is, "Dude sex rocks!"  Because, well, it does.  I've married the most perfect and amazing man ever and am thrilled to be able to wake up with him, bad breath and all, every day for the rest of my life.  I'm relieved that he doesn't care about my love handles, or my rolls, or my cottage cheese butt, or my completely dramatic meltdowns - he loves me exactly the way I am, and I wouldn't change a thing about him.  I think our marriage will have it's ups and downs, just like everyone else's, but I couldn't be more happy to go through that with my Shawn, for the rest of eternity.  :)







It just occurred to me that I might maybe need to change my blog address.  Poo.  Chelsea Milne still sounds so weird to me.  Again, I mean weird in the best way possible.  :)


4 comments:

  1. You're so cute. I love this! And I'm so so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baha. I love you.

    ps. Don't ask why I'm reading this at 6:30 in the morning.

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay marriage! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Happy one week anniversary!

    ReplyDelete