Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Think About Post Titles WAY Too Hard.

Let me start off by saying, yes we are finally in moved into and living in our very own house.  I've walked around fully butt naked, and it felt awesome.  (Except for when I realized our house has WAY more windows than our apartment did.)   If you're lucky, I may even do a virtual tour, because I know how much you loved the first one.  Anyways, our house is awesome - but it won't have internet until Sunday, which sort of blows when all 4 of your classes are online and you have a super important blog to write.  But we'll make do.  Let's play a little catch up, shall we?

-Moving was a blast.  Who doesn't love moving heavy boxes and then having them scattered from Hell to breakfast all over their house?  Oh, by the way, all the repairs/remodels are still not done - which sort of annoys me.  But it's livable now, and awesome... so I can't really complain.

-Toby is getting huge.  He's straight up muscle - but he's still cute as ever.  He's getting sort of better at not crapping and peeing all over the house.  But that's still a work in progress.


video
 (Yes, that is a dryer in our living room.  And no, I don't TRY to make him run into the wall.  Promise.)

-We were trying to put our bed together and I had to run out to the car for something real fast - I had heard a loud bang as I was leaving and just shrugged it off.  I came into our bedroom to see my husband laying completely lifeless with our huge shelved headboard on top of his head.  Naturally I start to hysterically panic and lift it off his head, and when he still isn't moving I start bawling.  The thought to call 911 crossed my mind until I looked down at him and saw a huge grin on his face.  Apparently he thought it would be a funny joke.  (because the headboard had really actually fallen, but hit him in the elbow - and that's when the light bulb lit up.)  I was anything but amused, as I'm sure you can imagine.  I started bawling again.  Mostly because he had scared the living shit out of me.  And partly because I was so pissed off that he thought it was so funny.  His response?  "I'm just giving you stuff to blog about! *mischievous grin*"  Husband, I love you, and I'm glad you're not dead/a vegetable - but if you ever plan on seeing me naked again, I suggest you never play dead.  Ever again.

-I got my hair trimmed.  My bangs sort of make me look like a boy.  Hot.  Good thing I have make up, so I can at lease look like a pretty boy.  Isn't that right, Don?

-I got my lab results back from the doctor, with a note from my doctor saying that all my levels were absolutely perfect and the only thing that needed a little help was my Vitamin D levels.  I read the note to Shawn and he said, "Welp Chels, looks like you've got yourself a case of the lazies."  Dammit.  I can't even pretend to blame my thyroid for all my problems now.  However, I have switched to my new special birth control.  And we all know how much I love to blame all my problems on that.  

-Speaking of blaming all my problems on birth control - I was thumbing through my Criminology book from school and noticed that Pre-Menstrual Syndrome was in the glossary.  I can't wait for that section, because I just know it'll be about a bunch of crazy bitches who blame killing people on their period.  

-The basement in our house is a full blown apartment - with a kitchen, laundry room, its own entry and all the works.  So we're renting it out to one of our friends who just got married.  They are currently on their honeymoon right now... but we're interested to see how the whole, their bedroom is directly under our bedroom thing pans out when they get back.  Could be awkward.  Could be hilarious.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  Sound proofing tips are appreciated.

-I need to get my butt in gear and start going to the gym again.  Why is going to the gym so hard?  I at least want to get to the kickboxing classes - because even though they sometimes make me want to die - I sort of love them.  And what exactly is this Zumba thing everyone and their cat is doing?  I keep hearing it's super duper, and I have no idea what the stink it is.  I guess I could Google it.  But, meh.  I'm apparently chronically lazy, so why bother?


Here's to a short week, Internet.


Peace.


15 comments:

  1. O man, that little bugger is cute. Posting more pictures like this just might convince me to turn into a dog person. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just get some more sunshine, that should help with the vitamin D! Isn't it an amazing feeling to be able to walk around naked and not have to worry about roommates or whatever? Just get some curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your puppy is so adorable! I'm bad about over thinking my blog titles too. Trying to come up with something witty is tiresome. =)

    I've been to 6 Zumba classes and probably wont be back. I only had fun when I knew the moves to the songs. Otherwise, I looked like a spastic chicken. It's basically dancing/cardio to music. Great if you know the moves and a great cardio workout regardless, but not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toby is SO cute! And while I would have wanted to kill your husband, that is a pretty good joke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you go to zumba, bring a friend. that way you can laugh at each other when you look like a blind man trying to salsa dance. otherwise, you'll hate it and yourself for even going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have cried if husband pulled that too! Darn that your medicine is right...we still have not tweaked mine so I still get to nap w/o him teasing me! ha not for long though!

    PMS in your book is great...I wonder if that's what the women on Snapped will start claiming as to why they murdered their husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go to Zumba when I can get my lazy butt out of bed. Here's one of my favorite routines :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yu1AocGsxk&feature=player_embedded#!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes... you need sun! That isn't to be blamed entirely on lazies. I've never done zumba. I'm more of a yoga gal. I hear it's intense, though. And zomg, the puppy is incredibly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No internet at your house? You're going to go crazier than a llama dressed up like Stan from South Park.

    Man, wouldn't that be cool? Lol.

    Congrats on the new house and the new hair cut... and, well, the new birth control as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol! i so missed you while i was away!!! hee hee. k, yeah, i'd have smacked mr LKP when i'd realized he was pulling my leg the way your hubby did. but i'm that kind of a girl, period or no period, he'd have def gotten whooped.
    zumba? yeah haven't been able to get myself all amped up about the idea of it. but then again i've never been a group-cardio kinda kid either. i'm a def-no to the spin classes, and ANYthing that has to do with a step. perhaps we're both afflicted by the same chronic syndrome. i'm ok with that. =) have a great week.
    p.s. congrats on being in your new house.
    p.p.s. congrats on potty progress with toby. we're in the same boat with willow. damn thing's too cute to really get ticked at, but gosh i can't wait for her to get her epiphany.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA!! Okay, maybe there's a Lazy Epidemic going around, because seriously?? Have you noticed the vitamin D helping? My doctor told me to get the 1000 IU kind, but I might start taking 2 of them instead of one. I haven't noticed a huge surge of energy or anything like that. Maybe we're just destined to live our lives in a permanent state of exhaustion. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you get to the chapter on PMS tell me who did and didn't get away with it, because I'm serioulsy messed up come that time of the month and just in case I do kill someone I'd like to know my odds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Going to the gym is hard. I always tell myself that I need to go but I rarely do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just stumbled across your blog. :) Your puppy is SO cute! And I'm not even a dog person. And I, too, can't wait to see how PMS factors in--haha!

    ReplyDelete