Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fat Cow + Stupid Refrigerator = True Love

So, remember all those papers I've been sorting through?  I found some gems from the beginnings of my relationship with my husband, dating back to our junior year in high school.  (Yes, for those of you who aren't aware, we're high school sweethearts.  Precious, right?)  Wait til you see just how precious...



Here's a handmade card my beloved gave me one Christmas.  The Christmas I may or may not have been dating his best friend.  (Yeah, I'm that classy.)




Doesn't the inside scream his secret love for me?



I might add that this lovely card was accompanied by a calendar full of pictures of cows.  Which I still have... somewhere.



And here's a classic Valentine's Day card.  (I was single at this point, don't worry.)

He had originally put "From your secret admirer" - I'm assuming he decided he wanted credit for the massive bouquet of flowers he had bought me.  


A couple weeks and some steamy hand holding sessions later, I got another specially made Birthday card.



I remember laughing that he had to justify the "girly-ness" of the card.


Luckily for him, his holiday cards worked their magic.  You might be wondering how on earth he had the audacity to call me a fat, stupid cow... or why on earth I'd be turned on by such.

Simply put, we had junior high syndrome.  You know, teasing each other relentlessly.  Because we all know that's way easier than actually admitting you like someone.  I lovingly referred to him as a stupid refrigerator.  I realize that makes absolutely zero sense.  But we'll just pretend it was actually a good insult.  I have a bag full of about 50 stickers (somewhere) like the one below to prove just how nice we were to each other.

We'd exchange these on almost a daily basis.
  

And to think it all led to a blissful eternal marriage - in which, it should be noted, that there is no way on God's green earth he'd get away with calling me a big fat cow.

For reals, yo.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Seriously, I laughed out loud while my husband was sleeping. I tried not too but this is so cute/hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I remember the good ol' high school days. I would've never thought back then that we all ended up here! You two were both so hilariously awesome. Plus that card with "blame it on Cam" is pretty much spectacular. I feel like I'm part of the in crowd! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brightened my day. Well done, ya big...no. I won't do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawn is a man after my own heart. That dude is 100% f-ing real man. Nice little hand written cards. That seperates the men from the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha love it. Jeremy and I are equally "precious" high school sweethearts. If I had a scanner I'd show you the humping dogs that he drew in my yearbook...no joke, complete with word bubbles that I'm pretty sure said something like "give it to me baby" and "oh yeah" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the cards. So awesome! He is legit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha - that's so precious! Handwritten and everything... major points for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete