Friday, November 5, 2010

My Super Neat Husband - Circa 1998


Oh, Internet.  I am all too thrilled for this post.  Shawn has a DVD full of videos of him and his family from waaaay back in the day.  There were a few that I couldn't stop laughing at - only because they were adorable.  Oh, and because my husband looked like an 11 year old version of Napoleon Dynamite.

I begged him to let me share these gems with you, Internet.

He was a little hesitant, because he couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard when I watched them.  But because he loves me, and knows my self-esteem may or may not flourish when people like my blog, and is ditching me again for Scout Camp this weekend - he totally gave me permission to share a couple of my favorite videos of him as a cute, nerdy pre-teen.


You're welcome.


My favorite part of this video is around :48, when he looks really confused - and then gets extremely, boyishly excited about something we were probably all pretty excited about at one point or another in our lives. 
Nope.  I take it back.  My favorite part of this video is the freeze frame it ends on.  You better believe I laughed for about 6 minutes after that one.  Only because I love my husband dearly, of course.


Remember the N'sync days?  Man.  I would've taken N'sync over Backstreet Boys any day.  And clearly, my husband would have too.  


Joey was my favorite.  I don't really know why.  Maybe because I thought the rest of them were maybe a tiny bit girlish.  But not Joey.  He was straight up macho.  

Anyways - Joey fantasies aside, this next video is the most epic video I have of my husband.  The first video was a nice preface to what you're about to see.  

My husband is the corner of the triangle.  Just watch for the Napoleon Dynamite glasses.

Without further ado, I give you Shawn's 6th grade (maybe 5th grade) talent show...



Isn't that about the best thing ever?  Gosh, my husband rules.  That was way better than my 6th grade talent show experience - dancing to Destiny's Child.  (Unfortunately there is no incriminating video footage of that sad disaster.)

(Oh, and fellow high schoolers, can you tell who the rest of the guys are?  Aren't they adorable?)

Anyways, I have no idea if you'll find that even half as entertaining as I did.  But I loved it, and wanted to show off how cool my husband was is.  This stuff right here is proof that our kids are going to totally rule.   Except they won't have cool boy bands to mimic at talent shows.  By the time I have kids, I imagine they'll all just go up and scream into a microphone.  But that's okay, because they'll be the cutest little screamers anyone's ever seen.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if our kids come singing and dancing out of the womb. 

Look at me.  I brag about my dog, my husband, my house, and my unborn children.

I should probably stop while I'm ahead.




Have a happy weekend, Internet.  






12 comments:

  1. Oh, the glasses are tooooo much! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck!! I remember this, I am proud to say I was in one of those desks on that glorious day!! And i'm pretty sure it was 5th grade. I feel like they haven't really changed ALL that much. I love that Shawn let you post this, please thank him for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahhahahahahahha

    all those awkward preteen boys and their tone deaf voices. and the dance moves... oh my gosh. thanks for giving me a good laugh at work this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, since this is your blog and shawn cant be here to stick up for himself, I cant bash him for that shit you put up there. He did have balls for doing it though. And Joey, come on. He at this point of his life besides Lance is probably the most girly.

    I need shawns number cause I feel like he could be in the Jonas Brothers cover band with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mini-hubs's videos were probably the funniest, most adorable things I've seen today. Now I feel a follow-up vid post coming along where Shawn sings N*Sync for all of us on the interwebs now, so we can compare. Yes, dancing is NOT optional. It's required. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, I love your blog! I read it out loud to my roommate. You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol yeah it was 5th grade. this is too much!!!! is that darin marx?!?!?! hahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. BWahahaha.... oh man... wow!

    And I can't tell you how much it freaks me out that N'Sync:Chelsea as New Kids on the Block:Angela. Jesus Lord, I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA!!! OMG!!! I need the names of all those boys so I can giggle at the preteen versions of the kids I went to high school with. ROFL Fantastic!!! Pretty much glad no one has video documentation of my awkwardness in elementary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those giant wire frame glasses aren't helping his cause.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! That is hilarious! Mario cracks me up, he is totally into it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok so I'm going to take a few guesses at the others. Mario, Ben Bailee, Shawn... forget his last name, the one u dated!, and maybe trevor salmon? The sixth I don't have a clue.

    ReplyDelete