Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ah, Work.


Today I had my first official meltdown at work.  Like, straight up sobbing.  Super embarrassing, right?  Needless to say I was mortified.  We've been getting crammed with information for the last 3 weeks - all really general information, might I add.  And today was my third day on the phone with customers, and I somehow manage to feel like I've learned absolutely nothing in the last month.

Why was I such a blubbery hot mess?  I told some old lady the wrong information.  Twice.  And naturally she got all impatient and testy with me.  I even blurted out that it was my first week taking calls, hoping that she'd give me a little sympathy for being such an idiot, but no such luck.  Naturally she wanted to talk to my supervisor - so as soon as I got someone else on the phone for her, you'd have thought someone had just slaughtered my dog.  I. Lost. It.  Luckily the girl, while I'm sure was beyond stunned, was really nice about it.  She probably understood about two words that I said between all my gasps for air.  At least she'll have something to talk about over dinner.  You're welcome, nice crew support lady.

This on top of the fact that I've been waking up at the ass crack of dawn every morning, makes me nice and extra hormonal.  Which is, you know, super fun.  Everyone keeps telling me "Don't worry, it'll get easier."  Which, sure, is great advice in hindsight.  I do know that it will get easier eventually - but right now it's hard and apparently exhausting me to tears.  So there.

I apologize for not being a good blog buddy lately - I literally have zero time to slum it around the web like I used to at my last job, and by the time I get home all I want to do is sleep forever.  (And I mean that in the least suicidal way possible.)  I'm still lurking around when I can - pinky swear.

I hate to leave on such a depressing note - but eh, life's kind of a bitch like that sometimes.  So all you can do is take a 5 hour nap, eat a bag of Starburst Jelly Beans and hope things get better.  You know, or whatever.


Shalom, Internet.



PS - I found this picture while Google Imaging (that's a verb now, right?)


Am I a bad person for wanting this for my kid?  Kind of hilarious.

5 comments:

  1. A good cry usually makes everything better. power to ya.
    My sister had twins three years ago and we got her a onesie that had that phrase on it, and for the other twin, a onesie that said, "All my mom wanted was a back rub." Love those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I once cussed out a terrible person while being a customer service person, and got so worked up that everyone was staring at me, and when he hung up on me, I started bawling, and the entire crew was watching me cry. It was awful, but whatever. Its a job, right? Nobody really cares. Cry whenever you need to. We all do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the comments above. Sometimes a good cry does make everything better. I'm sorry you're having a rough go of it right now. I hope it gets easier. And nertz to the nasty customers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry! I've always thought any sort of customer support position must be one of the most stressful jobs imaginable. And you've got an incredibly steep learning curve. It *will* get easier, but until it does, go easy on yourself. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Sounds like a bit of an exhausting period you're going through! Sorry, sweetheart! You're entitled to an ugly cry every now and then. And yeah, it sucks to hear "It'll get better" so I won't say it. You just go ahead and ugly cry all you want!

    And that baby onesie is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete