Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hola, Internet.

Life is crazy.  Straight up.

Work barely gives me any time to breathe.  Which is funny, because I used to complain about not having anything to do during work - and now I complain that the work is non-stop.  Can a sister get some middle ground here?

I have one more final to go.  The last two finals I took I studied for less than a day.  I read zero of the covered chapters.  But surprisingly felt semi-decent about how I did.  There's something about the end of the semester that seems to bring out my inner Idon'tgiveadamn.

My graduation is this week.  FIN.A.LLY.  I'm so done with school, that I don't even feel like walking.  (Let alone pay the extra $80 for my graduation gettup.  I've already paid them over 10 grand, thankyouverymuch.)  Is that terrible?  It's not like I'm getting some super prestigious degree.  I am proud of myself for getting it though - I think I would just rather celebrate at dinner with my family rather than sitting through a 2 hour ceremony.  Talk about snooze fest.  Am I alone here?

Husband and I have been trying to renovate our front and backyard now that things are starting to clear up.  (You know, minus Mother Nature's little PMS episode the last few days.)  When it comes to yard work, I normally would rather clean 5 toilets.  But lately I've been on a super let'smakeouryardAWESOME kick.  However, it's a little daunting.  There's a lot of landscaping to be done.  And how in the heck do you get rid of MUSHROOMS.  Our front yard is plagued by them.  And it's disgusting. 

Sorry this is so lame and short - I suppose you win some and you lose some.  Lunch is done in about t minus 1 minue! 

What are YOU up to?  My Google Reader is a little bit full right now - so the short version would be nice.  ;)

Happy Sunday, Internet! 

7 comments:

  1. I remember my graduation ... since my parents were flying in to see it, I knew I had to walk, but I ended up walking my college's ceremony rather than the university's. Smaller, shorter, better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that you're done with school! What's your degree in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your graduation! I know what you mean about not wanting to go to the ceremony and all, but it's a one in a lifetime thing, so it's not THAT bad ;)

    You should take photos of your garden! I wish I had some tips for you, but alas, I live in an apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for graduations and magical mushrooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Chels!!! I'm so excited for you, but totally understand your apathy toward walking. I did grad school online, and obviously didn't fly from SC to AZ to walk, haha! I still feel just as good about my accomplishment, and didn't have to wear that stupid hood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Mother Nature's little PMS episode" - hahaha.

    Seriously.

    Congrats on graduating!! Yeeeah, I'd spend $80 on something else... like toward a trip or killing mushrooms or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mushrooms in our front yard too! our solution? dig up the entire yard and start over! :D no lie. that's our plan, but not just cause of the fungi. no, because our yard sucks. so we won't be making it worse even in the slightest, haha! that's about it. boring boring boring. have 11 chicks now that are no longer fuzzy and more like little birds with wings and everything. but their still too small to fend for themselves against the rotten rooster in the chicken coop. so they've been moved from right next to my bed (had to keep the other critters away when they were tiny) to our tack shed. perhaps this weekend they'll graduate to a coop of their own or to the hen house. ::shrugs:: we'll see. other than that, we've been up to our ears in softball & fundraising for mini-me's 8th grade class trip in a couple weeks. boring boring boring. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete