Friday, May 27, 2011

I Love My Creepy Husband


The other day the husband and I were in our room just hanging out - and within seconds of finishing what was probably a super riveting conversation, he shut his eyes and drifted off to a well-deserved nap.

And when I say 'he shut his eyes', 
I don't actually mean that at all.

Because his eyes were not closed.


See?  (Bud-um sssssssss.) 

I couldn't tell if he was actually sleeping or not, because I could still see his pupils (because believe it or not, his eyes were even more open before I took this picture)... and I was under the assumption your eyeballs roll back into your brain when you're sleeping.  So I started making faces at him to see if he'd smile or something.  Nope.  Nothing.  


Creepy, much?


I kept making faces at him, and apparently was giggling too much because he eventually woke up to me pulling the prettiest face in history.  He was understandably confused at my specialness - so I explained to him that he should probably start shutting his eyes when he sleeps.  To which he mumbled, "I keep them open to make sure I don't get taken advantage of" (or something to that effect, I just remember I thought it was really funny at the time, and he'll probably correct me as soon as he reads this) and rolled over.


Creepy factor aside, it's a pretty BA talent.  He should definitely try that one for size at this year's family  Christmas talent show, amiright?  (I suppose any talent is better than our we-can-spell-our-names-with-our-butts talent that we showcased last year....)  Not to mention that it will come in handy when we have kids.  "Dad's always watching."  Cue Twilight Zone music.


Anyways.  I love my husband dearly.  I'm just glad he doesn't have a blog.  Because you betcher ass there'd be a video of me snoring a la Tim on the new season of The Bachelorette.  Because when you're in love, you tease each other.  You know, in love, or in junior high.



Am I the only one a little creeped out by people who sleep with their eyes open?










3 comments:

  1. HA! After I had back surgery and was on heavy pain killers I would sleep with my eyes open...like wide open. People would tell me that they would have full on conversations with me because they thought I was awake.
    Oh and I also laugh in my sleep.
    PS I bet your husband appreciates this photo. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always slept with my eyes open, and recently it got to be painful because I'd wake up with really dry eyes, so I had to get a sleep mask. Now I sleep in fear that my husband will do things to or near me that I can't see. Totally creepy, but a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahaha!!!! that's awesome! it'd creep me out too. but his retort was PRICELESS! i'll have to somehow use that against my hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete