Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pinterest, Face Wands, and Winning Credit Scores


So I've started about 700 different blog posts and never end up finishing them because I get bored of them after 6.3 seconds.  Which is why we're going bullet style today.

-I finally joined the whole Pinterest bandwagon.  It's cool and everything, but I'm not sure that I find enough cool crap on the internet to merit me "pinning" something myself.  So now I find myself looking for pinnable stuff online, simply because I have a grand total of 3 "pins" and it makes me feel like a failure.

-I finally had a dream that I had a baby (well twins, actually) and they didn't die.  And I think I was more upset waking up from that dream, than the dead baby dreams because the twins were so dang cute and I wanted to keep them.

-Working from home is pretty great.  However one drawback is that I sometimes may or may not shower for a few days.  On the days I work, I usually roll out of bed, brush my teeth, wash my face and go to my office.  By the time I get off 10 hours later, it seems almost pointless to shower.  Don't even judge me.

-I called our bank to add Shawn to my credit card that I've had for a while - and found out that our credit scores are stellar, and that makes me all too pleased.  On the other hand, however, we've hit an all-time low in our checking account.  Turns out 800 dollars worth of car repairs and a house payment will do that.

-We bought season passes to Lagoon (an amusement park in Utah) again - and while Lagoon isn't really my favorite place in the entire world, I don't particularly feel like being the chump that stays at home because roller coasters bring out the 80 year old in me.

-One of my lovely blogger friends (oh yeah, I have those) wrote a post reviewing the Clarisonic Mia, a contraption which I had never really heard of until I read that post.  Supposedly it was this miraculous little face washer, that essentially made your face look awesome.  After reading all the reviews on Amazon, I couldn't not get it.  Only catch is it was a tad bit pricey (do you like how I tell you this right after I tell you how poor we currently are?) I waited for the right time to tell husband that I may or may not have spent over a hundred bucks on a face washer.  And when he had just about crapped his pants, I assured him that it is a magic face washer.  I've had it for about 2 weeks now, and lovingly refer to it as my magic face wand.  I still am having some fun little break outs right now, but from what I understand it's normal for the first few weeks because it's getting so much shi out of your pores.  My face is a TON less oily though and much more smooth.  My husband still isn't convinced it does a damn thing.  I'll show him.

-Shawn and I are going to try to fly to Orlando at the end of this month - because I've never been there and because we can. Fist pump for free flight benefits.

-My little brother is leaving to Albuquerque, New Mexico next Wednesday to serve his 2 year LDS mission.  I'm really going to miss him - but I'm certain he'll be a fabulous missionary!  So if any of ya'll are out in the Albuquerque area, watch out for an Elder Chamberlain.

-I realize I still haven't shown you guys a video of my house like I did for our apartment.  You've probably got the gist of it from the pictures and few videos I've posted - but I'll still do a video tour soon.  Because those are fun.


My dog has officially been licking himself for about 14 minutes now, and it's grossing me out.
And I'm pretty sure he just swallowed a bobby pin.


  Sooo we'll call that good for now. 

6 comments:

  1. hee hee hee.... i have missed you & reading your episodes (??? for lack of a better term) the past month. hopefully that changes soon. ::hugs::

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was all interested in face wands and crap until you got to the part about Albuquerque, and that's where my husband served his mission...so the rest of your post is now gone from memory. According to my husband, he'll love it. And he may acquire a love for chubby cheeked Navajo children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orlando is pretty hot right about now....are you sure you want to be there? Oh, and I hope your brother likes hot, dry and windy. Albq is all of that, and sooooo much more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey your hubby spells his name like mine. High five!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I want a magic face wand so badly! I've heard wonderful things about them, and my face seriously needs all the magic it can get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the shout out! Totally sorry I missed this post!

    It definitely does take some time to see some real results from the Clarisonic. I think I saw its full potential after 6 months, and it just keeps getting better.

    And! Glad the babies didn't die in your dream.

    ReplyDelete