Friday, April 13, 2012

Expensive Dinner, Easter Monsters, and Our Two Year Anniversary

So I've officially been married for two whole years.  It feels like it's been way longer than that.  I feel like we've been married for 10 years.  And I mean that in the best way possible.

We didn't really plan a whole lot of anything for our anniversary - mostly because I was working all weekend, and our options were fairly limited.  So when I got off work, I got in the shower.  Because I'm kind of gross, and don't shower until around 6pm, if at all.  I went into our bedroom to throw on some jeans and a big maternity-like shirt on, and saw Shawn putting a tie on.  He was in his fancy clothes.  I told him that if we're going to Texas Roadhouse (our special occasion go-to) - we are not getting fancy - while simultaneously complaining that I didn't want to wear a dress.  You know, instead of telling the man I love he looks dashing in his fancy clothes and being happy I'm married to a man that still tries.  Wife points.



Husband tells me we're going to the Cheesecake Factory, and I'm instadrooling at the thought of Tuxedo Cheesecake.  They tell us the wait will be 30 minutes.  And about 7 minutes later, we were in our seats.  Sitting really close, might I add, to the couples on either side of us.  I ordered a 5 dollar lemonade, because it was my anniversary, and I was wearing a dress, thus I felt justified.  We even got an appetizer. Watch out.  Fried Macaroni and Cheese.  If you haven't tried it - I highly recommend you do so.  I also highly recommend that if you do do so (do do, snort) you do not order anything else but cheesecake for dessert.  By the time our actual food came - we both kind of stared at each other, then at our food and grunted.

Shawn had ordered Shepherd's Pie, and I stuck with my usual Fetuccini Alfredo with chicken.  Because when you hand me a menu with 859 damn pages - not only does it take me about 9 hours to decide what I want to eat - but the thought of spending that much on a meal that I may or may not want to throw up later, is a little too stressful.  I am not an adventurous eater.  So when I saw Shawn's plate of Shepherd's Pie, that looked more like an enormous steaming pile of crap covered with potatoes - I was happy with my boring noodles and chicken.

We tried to eat what we could without exploding.  I kept feeling like I had to strike up a conversation with the couples on either side of us - because they were sitting no less than a foot away from our table.  But I didn't, because it was funner to eavesdrop.  Well, except for the couple to our right kept randomly switching to sign language mid-conversation.  Way to make a girl paranoid.  If someone is ever talking in a language I don't understand, even with their hands, I automatically assume they're making fun of me.  You know, like the Asians at nail places?  I digress.  The girl on our other side, who couldn't have been any older than 17, stared at us for pretty much the entire dinner.  I have no idea if her date was just super stale, or if she had never sat next to such fancy people before.  I'm guessing it was probably the second one.  Even though, from what I overheard, I was bored by their date.

I guess I'd stare too.  (Also, note the goatee.  His first ever.)

About 10 minutes after getting our food, we asked for boxes and ordered our cheesecake.  A $76 dollar check later, and we were out of there.  I was complaining about my feet hurting from my hooker heels, and Shawn half jokingly let me know that his part of the date was over, and it was my turn.  I hadn't planned anything other than getting naked later on... and that's as good as it was gonna get.  So we start driving and see a spotlight in the sky.  You know, like those spotlights they have for haunted houses.  So I informed Shawn that for my portion of the date, we would follow the spotlight.  Cop out?  Maybe.  But we did it anyways.  And as fate had it, we ended up at a haunted house.  In April.  We parked for a minute to see if people were actually going to a haunted house the day before Easter.  And that's when some big freaky guy in stilts started walking towards us.  And yes, I totally over did it with the drama.  And yes, my shrieky giggle is pretty much the most embarrassing thing ever.


video


Literally one second after I had stopped recording that video - another creepy guy in stilts jumped at my window.  And I'm pretty sure I peed a little, you know, after I screamed bloody murder and buried my head in Shawn's armpit.  He scared the bloody bejeezies out of me.  We decided that was enough, and we didn't need to actually go in and see what an Easter haunted house was like.

We went home and I immediately put on my cozies.  And Shawn surprised me with a dozen beautiful roses he had been hiding in the closet, and I was elated.  Roses used to be his thing.  When we dated in high school, he'd give me roses every month, that matched the amount of months we had been together.  At some point, I think he thought he was over-doing it, and stopped.  So it was fun to get roses for a real anniversary.  Not just a monthaversary.



Then he pulled out 2 dozen eggs he had boiled - and I'm sure you can guess where it went from there.

Check out those fancy little plastic cups.  Genius.

Maw.

Shawn painted one of these.  Betcha can't guess which one.




Those marbly, tie-dye looking ones were my favorite.  Vegetable oil in dye, who knew?  We started getting kind of slap happy, because it was after midnight - and we're old fogies.  I cracked some really ridiculous joke, and Shawn said, "Funny joke!"  Except he pronounced the j like a Mexican - and said yoke.  And we both kind of sat there, and 10 seconds later I was like HAHAHAHAHAHA FUNNY YOLK?!  GET IT?!  We were both practically in tears because we thought we were so damn funny.  And that's about the time we decided we should probably go to bed.

The next morning, Easter - and our actual anniversary - Shawn woke up and hid every single last hard boiled egg, and told me I had to go find them.  And he'll never admit to hiding them, because he kept telling me it was the Easter Bunny.  And turns out the Easter Bunny got me an Easter basket.  But not Shawn.  Kind of an ass move, if you ask me.  Luckily the Bunny put some of Shawn's favorite candy into my basket - so it all worked out.  

We ended up watching a bunch of our wedding video with my family.  And the very last part of the video, still makes me cry literally every time I watch it.  


I usually lose it right there at the end.  So sweet.  I loved our wedding.

Overall, it was a good anniversary/Easter.  I love spending time with Shawn - and even though I'm dramatic, and stubborn, and hormonal, and my jokes are lame - my man still loves me, even after 8 years of knowing me.  I can't wait to spend an eternity more with him - I can't imagine ever being this happy without him.






3 comments:

  1. 1. I now want to eat at the Cheesecake Factory
    2. you two are so, so cute
    3. happy anniversary!
    now I want to get married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's really amazing about your wedding video? The fact that when you threw your bouquet you didn't hit a single Chinese Lantern. I watched it twice because it was that impressive. Wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shawn's Easter egg. Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete