Thursday, February 28, 2013

Throwin' It Waaay Back




Almost 25 years ago, my parents brought this Asian-looking chunk into the world.

That sumo wrestler chunk would be me, at a whopping 10 pounds.

(Sorry Mom.)


Saturday will be exactly 25 years since these pictures were taken.  Which is really just my fancy, not-so-subtle way of telling you my birthday is on Saturday.  (AndalsoIlikepresents.)

In keeping with a birthday throwback theme, I had originally wanted to post some pictures from my past birthdays, buuuut I couldn't find the stupid box they were all in.  So, you get a couple pictures from my actual day of birth.  Oh, and even an illustration - compliments of my 8-year old self.

(Related: I think I finally figured out that babies aren't born hee hee hee-ing.)


Pretty impressive art, I know.


Anyways, as I've been rummaging through all my old crap, I came across something my Mom wrote about the day I was born:


Happy Birthday!
I have waited for this day, since I was old enough to know that one day I would have a family of my own.  After I married your Dad, I could hardly wait for you to join our little family.  I was tickled pink to find out I was pregnant after we had only been married for 3 months.  Because your Father is the oldest son of an oldest son of an oldest son, there was hope that our firstborn would be a son.  In my heart I knew that I would have you, my little girl, and that your name would be Chelsea!  The first time I felt you move inside of me, I knew, without a doubt, that you would be full of life with an enormous spirit and personality.  You didn't disappoint me.  I wish I could describe the feelings I felt the moment you arrived.  I can still recall it very vividly.  I cried tears of joy as your little head and eyes followed my voice within minutes of your birth. You knew me... I was finally your mamma."


Isn't that sweet?  I love it, so much.
It's amazing how the birth of just one tiny (or notsotiny) person can affect so many lives, especially a mother's.


So, on behalf of my parents:
You're welcome.


Happy AlmostMyBirthday, Internet.

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen baby pictures of you! You are so adorable and I just want to kiss your cheeks! Haha such a sweet letter from your mama :)

    ReplyDelete